Wednesday 18 March 2015

Review: Toni&Guy Glamour Spritz and Shine Liquid Mousse (and a new haircut!)


Quite recently, I had a haircut. I'm not one to hold sentiments over the length of my hair, so I simply showed my mum some pictures (she has hairdressing qualifications) and 2 hours later, I had a new lob! Of course, with shorter hair comes different ways of styling it. In this area, I will admit my newbiness - with my longer hair, I would at most spray a little hairspray into the roots to give it some volume... and that's it, because I have very thick and heavy straight hair that will not hold a curl no matter how much I threaten it with a hot tool. Thus, I had resigned myself to wear my hair straight for the rest of my life.

Now that my hair is no longer so heavy, I decided to try using products to give it some pizazz. Off I went to the nearest Priceline (which happened to be in Town Hall, Sydney) and came across this:

Toni&Guy Hair Mousse Review
Source: TONI&GUY
This is the TONI&GUY Glamour Spritz and Shine Liquid Mousse. At first, it was hard to find because its light yellow packaging kind of blended in with the shelves. But I had read great reviews about it online, and it was on sale for $5.00 so I snatched it up, brought it home and tried it on my hair... to my disappointment.


Here's my hair before:

Toni&Guy Hair Mousse Review

Toni&Guy Hair Mousse Review


And after:


Toni&Guy Hair Mousse Review


As you can see, there is a very slight wave to my hair... but that's about it. I was hoping for something more defined, because I scrunched like hell. Oh, how I scrunched. Unfortunately, that made barely any difference to my adamant hair, and in fact, even gave me a little frizz.


THE VERDICT:

- Packaging: Quite nice. I really like the soft pastel colour, and the can's paint had a texture that was nice to touch.
- Product: It would work better on someone with finer hair than mine. However, it just left my hair greasy when I tried putting in more.
- Smell: Not very pleasant to me. Some may like it, but it smells very similar to my brother's hair gel which I'm not a big fan of. Kind of smells like deodorant.
- Longevity: Very good; it lasted over two days in my hair, and if you want to revive it, all you need to do is dampen your hair with a bit of water and reshape.

Overall, it would be a good product for someone with thinner hair that already has some wave to it (and isn't so damn stubborn) as not much product would be needed.


Of course, this is just my own personal experience. By no means is this product bad; it just means it isn't right for my hair (not that I blame it - Asian hair is notoriously hard to style). At the end of the day, I wouldn't buy it again, but I still have a whole can to go through. Let's see how that goes, eh?


Toni&Guy Hair Mousse Review


No comments:

Post a Comment