Thursday 23 July 2015

The Body Shop Facial Brush Review



As much as I love my facial scrubs, it's not every week that I will have the freedom to spend some much needed time on myself. Which is where this comes in - the facial brush from The Body Shop. I stumbled across this while I was looking for a hand cream (the pure acetone we use to clean lab glassware is not very nice to hands) and the first thing I noticed was how cute it was! Seriously, this thing fits right into the palm of your hand.


The instructions tell you to pour a small amount of facial wash onto the brush and to rub gently over your face in small circular motions, 2-3 times a week. I find it spreads much easier if you lather the facial wash before you put it on the brush.

I think it's quite useful because I can use it in the shower. The bristles may feel a little stiff, but if that's the case, it's pretty simple to ease off on the pressure when using it on your skin. I use it twice a week with my cleanser, and when I'm finished I let it sit face up in its lid to dry off.


The best part of all is how much makeup it takes off! I was so surprised when my scrub turned orange the first time I used it - if that's what it looks like on the brush, how much makeup must have been left on my face?!

Overall, I really like this tool. The fact that it only cost me $5.95 (whereas similar products may cost upwards of twice that amount) doesn't hurt either... it's become a part of my weekly routine, and I'm pleasantly surprised by how much smoother my face feels.



THE VERDICT:

- Packaging: It came without any packaging other than its tag - no unnecessary plastic! I also love the clear handle and lid.
- Effectiveness: Very effective. It cleaned off all the makeup I never knew I had on my face.
- Softness: Kind of stiff (though the ends are very soft themselves). I'd say go easy on the pressure.
- Convenience: Extremely convenient! It's small enough to take with you on trips or place in your makeup bag.
- Cost: Super affordable. I got it for $5.95.

Would I buy it again? Definitely!


No comments:

Post a Comment